Spicy Coconut Chutney(Dip)
- 1-1/2 cups grated Coconut fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo beans ( drained from can)
- 1 Serrano Green Chili
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro leaves
- 1 TSP grated ginger
- 2 TBSP fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste and pinch of sugar
- For Tempering:
- 2 tsp coconut or grape seed oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- pinch of Asafetida (optional)
- pinch of turmeric powder
- Blend it into a fine paste adding enough coconut milk or water to make for a smooth, yet slightly thick chutney or dip.
- heat small pan, add oil . Once hot, add the mustard, cumin seeds. When it starts popping, add the asafedia and turmeric powder.
- Switch off the heat and Pour this over the chutney. Mix well, taste and season with additional salt or sugar if needed.
- You can enjoy with any type of pancakes or crackers or with savory rice cakes and tortillas as a dip.