- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 11/2 cup of milk plus 1/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 TBSP instant dry yeast
- 4 TBSP butter (make sure it is softened at room temperature)
- Extra butter, oil and milk for coating and brushing.
- First take ¼ cup of lukewarm milk in a cup and add 4 tsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of yeast to it.(it will rise in 5 min)
- Add all-purpose flour and salt, sugar into the mixing bowl.
- Add the prepared yeast mixture and eggs into that.
- Start kneading on low speed for 10min,adding milk little by little.
- OR You can Knead the dough for 10 minutes with hand .
- After kneading, coat it with little oil and cover it with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place to double in size for an hour.
- Grease baking bread pan with oil and dust with thin coat of flour
- Punch down the dough and knead again gently and transfer it to the bread baking dish.
- Then put them on a prepared loaf pan to prove till double in size(an hour or so)
- Brush with milk or egg-white and bake at 360F for 45min.
- Don’t forget to spread some butter when you take out from oven
- TIP: you can make egg less bread by adding a small can of condensed milk to the same recipe and avoid sugar and eggs and half of the milk quantity. Also while kneading the dough feel free to add little extra flour if you feel dough is very sticky and also add little bit milk if you feel dough need little more moisture. It all depends on the temperature of the room when you are baking.