Vegan Donuts(plant based,dairy free,egg-free)
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Yield: 12
- Difficulty: easy
- Recipe type: Desert
- 2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup warm almond milk
- 11/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 3 TBSP Sugar
- 4 TBSP Coconut Oil
- Vegetable oil for frying
- For Sugar vanilla Glazing:
- 2 cup Powder Sugar,1/4 cup Almond milk,few drops of vanilla, sprinklers of your choice
- For Chocolate Glaze:
- 2 cup Powder Sugar,1/4 cup Coco powder,pinch of cinnamon powder
- First warm the milk and add yeast and sugar, mix together.Once combined, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour,oil and salt with a hand nicely.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the above mixture. Combine gradually until a thick dough forms .knead with hand for 3- 4min. Rest the dough for an hour in warm place for proofing.
- Dust the surface,Using rolling pin, roll dough into little 1/2 inch flat sheet and cut circle with big cookie cutter, center one with small cookie cutter.
- Heat up oil in a pan. To know when it’s hot enough, fry a little bit of dough in the oil. If it goes brown and floats to the top, in 45-50 seconds the oil will be ready!
- Gently lay the doughnuts into the oil using a spatula. Fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown on low-medium flame.
- Transfer the doughnuts onto some tissue paper to soak up any excess oil.
- Roll the doughnut into a bowl of prepared vanilla sugar glaze or chocolate glaze and decorate with colorful sprinklers and enjoy!
- for glaze: mix everything with a fork in a big bowl to make sugar and chocolate glaze separately!
Comments are closed.